As the debate about the composition of the UK’s government continues, I’ve taken a moment to reflect on my personal and professional involvement in the election – as webmanager for 12 Labour candidates. Here are the 12, and how they did. I’m happy to be working with a whole group of bright, new, determined parliamentarians!
- Rushanara Ali gained Bethnal Green & Bow from Respect
- Liz Kendall held Leicester West for Labour (seat previously held by Patricia Hewitt)
- Chuka Umunna held Streatham for Labour (seat previously held by Keith Hill)
- Paul Blomfield held Sheffield Central for Labour (seat previously held by Richard Caborn)
- Andrew Pakes failed to win in Milton Keynes North (Conservative target 14)
- Val Shawcross failed to win in Bermondsey and Old Southwark (safe Lib Dem seat)
- Jonathan Todd failed to win in Westmorland and Lonsdale (Conservative target 13 against the Lib Dems)
- James Royston failed to win in Bexhill and Battle (safe Conservative seat)
- Joan Ruddock held Lewisham Deptford for Labour
- David Hanson held Delyn for Labour
- Eric Illsley held Barnsley Central for Labour
- Nick Ainger was defeated in Carmarthen West and Pembrokeshire South (Conservative target 51)
So Jon, what of the future of the Labour Party?
Well done, Jon. Hope you manage to hang on to these clients – and maybe gain a few more.
Now the election is over, maybe the Great British public might be allowed access to the CAP recipient figures ….? (NB I already know them, via http://www.capreform.eu.