Mushroom in kitchen

You never know what you are going to get when you move into a new flat. But mushrooms growing on the kitchen floor is not something I was expecting when I moved to my new place in Walworth. The mushroom pictured – about 3cm high – is actually under the kitchen cabinets. A previous tenant had never been observant enough to realise that the washing machine was leaking and hence there was a damp problem in the corner. Anyway, the washing machine and the wall will be fixed soon by the housing association, and that will also herald the end of the mushrooms!


  1. Bondwoman

    This is a test comment to see whether it gets through… By the way, did you have a cooked breakfast that morning. Now, there’s sick making.

  2. Ah, no, no cooked breakfasts in 8 Villa Street…

    But the days of the mushrooms are limited – the source of the damp has been located and hence we’ll have dried mushrooms very soon.

  3. Ugh. You must have felt a bit queasy when you found that. I once found mushrooms on a shower door that I was nominally in charge of cleaning. The fact that I had a cleaner at the time did make me wonder whether I was wasting my money…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *